The Best in Freelance Writing Jobs That You Can Have Now
Have you always dreamed of making money by freelance writing? You think this work is for you, but you do not know where to start? I’m going to reveal here behind the scenes of this activity, starting from a truthful experience mine.
Find your first job
How do you get hired to write articles when you have no experience and nobody knows you? Here are the two strategies that worked for me.
Do not wait to get a job to write. Write texts of various lengths, different styles and various topics. When you will decide to devote yourself to writing, you must put together a blog and started posting posts regularly. This not only improves you, but builds a fund of texts that are your presentation card vis-à-vis potential employers.
To make the hand
Once your first job is done, it’s about satisfying your employer and your audience. Your items must meet their needs to justify the amount you are paying for them.
The first articles are the hardest. You must take into account the requested format and find the appropriate tone. Expect your employer to ask you to make changes. Legally, he / she does not have the right to do without your permission, but if you want to reach an agreement you will have to show flexibility and listening.
The easy way to write articles
- Find the idea for your article. Some employers will impose topics on you, which avoids this step. If you’re lacking inspiration, make a list of ideas and choose the most viable and keep others for later. This step takes a variable time, but you can think about it in a park, having your breakfast or bed in the evening before falling asleep.
- Write everything that comes to your mind about the chosen topic (5-10 min).
- Organize your ideas in a logical order, eliminating those that do not fit in (10-15 min).
- Now you have all your ideas, write your text following your plan (20-45 min).
- Read again, correct the mistakes and possibly retouch the text if it is too short or too long (variable, between 5 and 40 min).
As you can see, freelance writing or writing an article can take you between 40 minutes and 2 hours. It depends on the length and quality of the article, but also on your concentration, your pen and your mastery of the subject. Some people write faster than others, and your performance also varies from time to time. However, experience will allow you to improve.