Who is Gaggle? We protect children and save lives. Our technology analyzes unstructured data created by students (email, documents, chats, images, video, etc) for the purpose of identifying child abuse, bullying, suicide, and other serious concerns that affect today\\'s youth.
You will be part of a small team that designs and implements innovative ways to better solve this problem. We have a number of challenges in both the quantity/quality of data we analyze, and the time-frame in which we must make accurate predictions to better allow our 24-hour monitoring staff to make decisions on how best to intervene in serious cases.
Put your machine learning and data science knowledge to use in a way that can make a real difference in the lives of children.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Participate in software development and maintenance as and when needed.
- Participate in data science and machine learning experiments - take charge in completing experiments, compile results and hold discussions with team.
- Help document ongoing experiments, results and findings.
- Help team lead in project management tasks.
- Take charge of model re-deployments once the deployment pipeline is set.
- Analyze data to generate and test/validate hypotheses.
- Contribute to the Gaggle ML pipeline and codebase.
Essential Skills Required:
- Be fluent in writing code in Python using OOP concepts and debugging using IDE of their choice (PyCharm preferred).
- Some exposure to Java is preferred.
- Have at least 6 months of experience in using libraries such as Pandas, Numpy and Sklearn.
- Have at least 6 months of experience with matplotlib and or ggplot2 library for creating plots.
- Demonstrate good understanding of concepts such as hypothesis testing, design of experiments, classification, regression, clustering and ranking.
- Be able to execute DS/ML experiments with minimal guidance from senior team members.
- Be able to summarize, and communicate findings of experiments clearly and effectively.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a good aptitude for math, reasoning and logic.
- Familiarity with AWS stack
- Familiarity with Dependency Injection.
- Bash scripting/command line tools
- Jupyter notebooks
Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials by July 19, 2019.
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of salary commensurate with the candidate?s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision as well as participation in Gaggle\\'s 401(k).