Valiant Solutions is a rapidly growing small business that cares about it\\\\'s employees- we\\\\'ve been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area FOUR years in a row! A highlight of our benefits is included below the job description.
This position can be based in Washington DC, Fort Worth TX, or Kansas City MO and allows for a 60%-80% telecommute benefit. Salary will be based on qualifications and education. All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background and credit checks.
- 3+ years in IT security
- 2+ years conducting vulnerability scanning using network or web application security scanners:
NetSparker, HP Web Inspect, BurpSuite, ZAP, Nexpose, Nessus, OpenVAS or similar
- 2+ years experience analyzing and interpreting scan reports and assisting in remediation.
- 2+ years experience with scripting in either Powershell, BASH, Perl, or Python.
- 1+ year hands-on in penetration testing or labs (HTB, VulnHub, Mutillidae, Metasploitable will do)
- Experience with Windows and Linux Servers (Debian or RHEL)
- Familiarity with Kali Linux command line scanners and tools such as: Nikto, NMAP, NSE, SSLScan, SQLMap, wpscan, droopscan, Metasploit
- Being able to work autonomously
- Responding to client request though email, call, chat, and ticket requests
- Security tool development: researching, planning, and implementing new tool features to make security tools more effective and add value for our client
- Configuring and running web application scans, adding new hosts to weekly and monthly scan lists
- Conducting false positive analysis and QA to vulnerability scan reports
- Ability to lead peers while also receiving mentorship and guidance from assigned Senior penetration testers
- Pursuing knowledge and increased familiarity of web application security testing concepts
- Preparing and Presenting WhitePapers to other team members
- Reading, applying, and documenting web application concepts from books, guides, and methodologies such as:
- The OWASP Testing Guide v4
- A Tangled Web A Guide to Securing Modern Web Applications
- The Web Application Hackers Handbook
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skillset. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual\\\\'s primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.